District of Kenora Sub-region
The District of Kenora sub-region is one of five sub-regions within the North West LHIN that represents a local planning area for health services. These sub-regions historically correspond to Integrated District Networks (IDNs) implemented through the Health Services Blueprint, which focus on providing equitable access to health care services for the residents within the district, improving health outcomes for the population, and arranging for people to receive the level of care they need closer to home.
The District of Kenora sub-region contains three Local Health Hubs, including: Dryden, Kenora and Red Lake.
- The population of the District of Kenora sub-region is the second most populated district in the North West LHIN, with a total population of 45, 835
- The population of the District of Kenora sub-region accounts for 19.4% of the North West LHIN’s total population
- Over half of the sub-region population lives in rural areas (53.5%)
- Approximately one-fifth of the population of District of Kenora sub-region identify as First Nation
- The District of Kenora sub-region has an approximate total area of 54,108 square kilometers
District of Kenora Sub-region Profile
District of Kenora Sub-region Planning Table Members
Director, District of Kenora Sub-region - Jessica Logozzo, North West LHIN
- Bruce Siciliano
- Colleen Neil
- Daphne Armstrong
- Doreen Armstrong-Ross
- Heidi West
- Kevin Queen
- Lynn Moffatt
- Rebecca Ross
- Sara Dias
- Shannon Robinson
- Lina Johnson
Communities within the City of Thunder Bay Sub-region
Dryden Local Health Hub
Dryden, Ignace, Machin, Eagle Lake First Nation, Wabigoon Lake Ojibway Nation.
Kenora Local Health Hub
Kenora, Kenora Unorganized, Sioux Narrows-Nestor Falls, Naotkamegwanning First Nation (Whitefish Bay 32A), Anishinabe of Wauzhushk Onigum (Rat Portage), Ochiichagwe’Babigo’ining First Nation (The Dalles), Northwest Angle No. 33 First Nation (Whitefish Bay 33A/33B), Northwest Angle No. 37 First Nation (Whitefish Bay 34A), Iskatewizaagegan #39 Independent First Nation (Shoal Lake 39A/34B2), Shoal Lake No. 40 First Nation, Grassy Narrows First Nation (English River 21), Washagamis Bay (Obashkaandagaang), Wabaseemoong Independent Nations (Whitedog) .
Red Lake Local Health Hub
Red Lake, Ear Falls, Wabauskang First Nation.